If you are missing one or more teeth, our St. Clair Shores and Grosse Pointe Woods, MI, dentist Dr. Sam Malouf, can provide you with a great investment in your smile: dental implants.
A tooth replacement which lasts
Unlike partial dentures or conventional bridgework, dental implants can last a lifetime. Made of a titanium screw, metal post and ceramic crown, the single-tooth dental implant provides unparalleled appearance, functionality, and bone-building properties.
Good oral health and sufficient quality bone in the jaw are critical to implant success and retention. An x-ray and imaging scan can tell your dentist exactly where your implant will be placed.
Then, Dr. Malouf will refer you to a dental surgeon who inserts the titanium implants in your jaw, and over the following weeks and months, they fully integrate with the bone. The implants become just like real tooth roots. This biological bonding process is called osseointegration. This bond provides a strong foundation for the implant crown. When the implant is placed and secured 3 months later. You will return to Dr. Malouf where he will have an abutment screwed on and a crown placed to complete the restoration.
Other uses for dental implants
Besides replacing single teeth, dental implants support full and partial dentures, also. These prosthetics:
- Are easily maintained with daily brushing and flossing and six-month visits at Malouf Family Dentistry
- Need no support from any remaining natural teeth (conventional bridges require ample enamel resurfacing on adjoining teeth)
- Build bone in the jaw every time the patient bites and chews
- Rejuvenate facial appearance
- Stay in place without messy denture powders or pastes
- Last longer than other tooth replacements and look natural
A great future with dental implants
For more information, contact Dr. Sam Malouf and his team at Malouf Family Dentistry in St. Clair Shores, MI, and serving residents of St. Clair Shores, Harper Woods, Eastpointe, Warren, Roseville, Fraser, Mt. Clemens, Clinton Township, Grosse Pointe, Harrison Township and neighboring areas. Call (586) 772-9020.